A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspecialty in hand surgery, Dr. Allen has a special interest in minimally invasive procedures. These include arthroscopic shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repair, endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery as well as treatment of arthritis, nerve related syndromes, tendon repair, fractures, and sports related injuries of the upper extremity.
His approach to care is to take the time to listen and understand his patients and discuss the options that will best meet their needs. A native Rhode Islander, he grew up in Warwick, RI.
- Undergraduate – Colby College, BA, Biology, 1990
- Graduate – Boston University Graduate School, MA, Medical Science, 1993
- Medical – Boston University Medical School, MD, 1998
- Residency – Brown University Medical School, Orthopedic Surgery, 1999-2003
- Fellowship – Brown University Medical School, Orthopedic Trauma Surgery, 2003-2004
- Fellowship – The Indiana Hand Center, Upper Extremity Surgery, 2004-2005
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Brown University Medical School
- Haffenreffer Orthopaedic Research award, Brown University
- Elected to Fellowship, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons