A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspecialty in hand surgery, Dr. Allen has a special interest in minimally invasive procedures. These include arthroscopic shoulder surgery for rotator cuff repair, endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery as well as treatment of arthritis, nerve related syndromes, tendon repair, fractures, and sports related injuries of the upper extremity.
His approach to care is to take the time to listen and understand his patients and discuss the options that will best meet their needs. A native Rhode Islander, he grew up in Warwick, RI.
- Undergraduate – Boston University
- Medical – Brown University
- Residency – Brown University, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Brown University, Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery
- Fellowship – Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Upper Extremity Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Brown University Medical School
- Haffenreffer Orthopaedic Research award, Brown University