What is Sports Medicine?
Our Sports Medicine team is comprised of Sports Medicine Fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons and primary care physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, personal trainers and a sports psychologist. We provide comprehensive multidisciplinary care to treat, rehabilitate and prevent injuries related to sports, physical fitness, and exercise. These include injuries to the bone, joints and surrounding muscular and soft tissue structures. We also provide primary care, addressing general medical issues pertaining to the athlete. Our goal is to help you maintain a level of activity that meets your physical demands and daily needs.
Our state of the art conditioning and comprehensive rehabilitation programs are specifically designed to meet the potential and goals of each individual patient through a comprehensive approach. If surgery is necessary, our Sports Medicine surgeons use the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques that allow for quicker recovery and return to sport and activity.
What services do you provide?
- Runner’s Clinic
- Sports injury clinic
- Concussion management and clearance
- Ultrasound guided injections including Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Injury screening
- Pre-Participation physicals
- Transitional ACL Program (TACL)
- Performance and Sports psychology
Which teams do you cover?
Our Sports Medicine Team provides medical coverage for:
- University of Rhode Island Athletics
- Bryant University Athletics
- Johnson and Wales Athletics
- Ocean State Waves
- Multiple local high schools via our ATC outreach program
For the 2016-2017 academic year we will have AT’s at the following high schools/University:
- North Kingstown
- South Kingstown
- Central Falls
- North Providence
- Brown University Rugby
As well as being the orthopedic provider for:
- University of Rhode Island
- Bryant University
- Johnson & Wales