Dr. DeLuise is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who focuses on hand surgery, microvascular surgery, treatment of fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome surgery (CTS), sports medicine, rheumatoid arthritis, Dupuytren’s contractures, arthritis of the hand, fingers, wrist, elbow and shoulder; arthroscopy of the knee, shoulder, and wrist. He is one of the only surgeons in Rhode Island to have passed the specialized exam for hand surgery, certifying his abilities to treat all upper extremity problems.
He is well-trained in orthopedic trauma and fracture care, and arthroscopy, and completed an additional year of training focused on the hand and upper extremity at one of the most prestigious hand fellowships in the country – The Philadelphia Hand Center and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. While there, he also had the opportunity to care for professional athletes from the Philadelphia 76ers, Eagles and Phillies. He also assisted in the care of Boston University athletes and Providence public high school athletes.
His approach to patient care is a conservative one, maximizing non-surgical methods of treatment for his patients prior to recommending surgery. He works hard to develop a partnership with all of his patients, beginning with listening and exploring how the physical problem affects your daily life. With in-depth conversations, he will help you understand the diagnostic process, your unique problem, all possible treatment choices and the recovery process, so you can decide the best course of treatment together.
Community service is important to Dr. DeLuise, and he enjoys helping the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. He was the first male to raise over $100,000 in the annual MWOY competition, and even won their “Most Entertaining” Mirror Ball Trophy at their Dancing with the Doctors benefit. He also enjoys physical challenges and has competed in several obstacle races. In addition, he enjoys tennis, running and spending time with his family.
- Undergraduate – Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts BA, Biology & Economics 1997
- Medical – Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts MD 2001
- Internship – Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts General Surgery 2001-2002
- Residency – Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts Orthopaedic Surgery 2002-2006
- Fellowship – The Philadelphia Hand Center & Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA Hand & Upper Extremity 2006-2007
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
- Rhode Island Orthopedic Society
- Rhode Island Medical Society (RIMS)
- Magna cum Laude, Boston University College of Arts & Sciences, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa, Boston University College of Arts & Sciences, 1997
- Providence Business News Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Man of the Year, 2015