Dr. Buchbaum is a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) with 20 years of experience diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the foot, ankle, and related structures of the leg. He is board-certified in Podiatric Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle surgeons. He is also certified in Wound Care from the American Board of Wound Healing.
Dr. Buchbaum enjoys the diversity of problems associated with podiatry and the ability to practice multiple specialties including dermatology, neurology, orthopedics, biomechanics, and surgery. Connecting with people and problem-solving are key to Dr. Buchbaum’s patient care. To that end, he focuses on quality of life for his patients; patients come in with pain and leave with an improvement or with a plan to improve.
A native of New Jersey, Dr. Buchbaum moved to Rhode Island in 2000, where he became a partner, practitioner, and surgeon at Shoreline Podiatry in Wakefield. In 2010, he took on the role of Medical Director of the South County Hospital Wound Center.
Outside of work, Dr. Buchbaum enjoys outdoor activities with his family and dog. He also likes motorcycling and cycling, and acts as a coach and ride leader for a kids’ mountain biking team. Additionally, Dr. Buchbaum is an avid cook, and a keeper of both chickens and bees.
- Undergraduate – University of Florida, Gainesville
- Graduate – Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, OH
- Residency – University of Utah, VAMC-Salt Lake City, UT
- Internship – University of Utah, VAMC-Salt Lake City, UT
- American Professional Wound Care Association
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Rhode Island Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association