Dr. Buchbaum is a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) with 20 years of experience diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the foot, ankle and related structures of the leg. He is board-certified in Podiatric Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle surgeons. He is also certified in Wound Care from the American Board of Wound Healing.
Dr. Buchbaum enjoys the diversity of problems associated with podiatry and the ability to practice multiple specialties including dermatology, neurology, orthopedics, biomechanics and surgery. Connecting with people and problem-solving is key to Dr. Buchbaum’s patient care. To that end, he focuses on quality of life for his patients: patients come in with pain and leave with an improvement or with a plan to improve.
A native of New Jersey, Dr. Buchbaum moved to Rhode Island in 2000 where he became a partner, practitioner and surgeon at Shoreline Podiatry in Wakefield. He became Medical Director of the South County Hospital Wound Center in 2010, and he serves as a Board member of Girls on the Run Rhode Island, a youth development program designed to inspire young girls to be joyful, healthy and confident while creatively integrating running.
Outside of work, Dr. Buchbaum enjoys outdoor activities with his family and dog as well as cycling and motorcycling. In addition, he is a keeper of both chickens and bees. Dr. Buchbaum also likes cooking and his passion for barbecue recently helped him take First Place in the Inaugural Ocean State BBQ competition.
- Undergraduate – University of Florida, Gainesville
- Graduate – Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, OH
- Residency – University of Utah, VAMC-Salt Lake City, UT
- Internship – University of Utah, VAMC-Salt Lake City, UT
- American Professional Wound Care Association
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Rhode Island Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association